Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ticking Time Bomb

Like I said in my first post, I don't want this blog to be about me ranting and complaining and whining, and I'm determined it won't be despite some of my past posts. I was hoping to do some reading on parenting and marital relationships to find out some things to experiment on, but, lets face it, I am way too stressed out right now. I don't handle stress well, either. I usually withdraw from the situation and let things--laundry in this case-- pile up around me.
My whole house is one giant ball of pent up frustration just waiting to explode. My sister is getting married in a month, my husband is graduating next week, we need to move all our stuff out of our old place and drive it cross country and put it in storage here until our house is done, we are building a house, one of my best friends is going through a horrible crisis and I'm dying that I can't be there with her. Plus, I live with my mom. Living with your mom when she is trying to plan a wedding is like living with a hydrogen bomb. I worry so much that any little mistake I make will be more than she can handle and she'll just explode and take us all down with her.
Here I am going through my own anxiety while watching my mother go through hers, watching my sister try to plan her wedding, and my husband trying to wrap up school. It's amazing we haven't killed each other yet.
I have to admit I have considered seeing a doctor. I really don't think my heart should be pounding this much and having trouble breathing is pretty serious. I am so tense I think my neck will snap off if my stomach doesn't burn me from the inside out. I'm going to Google "anxiety attacks" and see what the almighty internet has to say...
Yep, that sounds about right. Can anyone score me some Valium?

4 comments:

  1. Di, get down here right now! I would love it if you would come, even if you can only for a few days.
    Please call me if you need me! If your boys are being crazy like their cousins, at least text.
    I saw the doc last year about my anxiety attacks and she gave me xanax and put be back on wellbutrin. I love the wellbutrin (I really need to increase the dose) but the xanax just made me tired.
    Hang in there! You're going through a lot of changes right now. Once you're in your awesome new house things will get better. It's only a little while longer. Try to put your focus on the good...I know you feel consumed with what is going on so don't let it take over, call when you're in need to vent or feeling overly anxious. Like I said, come down here even if it's just for a day or two, just to get away.
    Love You! Krissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything has a way of working its self out. Don't worry so much and just go with the flow....btw, we are sooo sad to be losing your piano. Oh, and I seriously want to see the pic of that baby now....just so curious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a deep breath...it will all be okay. I wish we were closer and I'd come take the boys so you could get a nap or do some laundry or something. If you do have a second...I recommend reading Elder Uchtdorf's talk from the Priesthood session of the last conference. I loved it and it has really helped me to refocus and slow down a little. I don't know if it will have the same effect on you...but it's worth reading.
    Hope things get better soon. Stress wipes me out too.
    Hope we get a second to see you this weekend. Let us know if you need help moving. I'll send Josh your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Di, I am having anxiety thinking about your anxiety. I DO have valium..... if I wanted to be a felon....
    Keep remembering how amazing and incredible and fabulous you are, and all that you've made it through before, and THEN remember to pick up the phone to CALL ME because I am here in my pajamas at NOON just waiting to help with whatever I can. Please!! I am sorry and I lubs you!

    ReplyDelete